How fashion shops stay afloat during COVID and even have great seasons.
Two brands to follow: To’ak , Ruby chocolate by Callebaut: great emotional visuals for product launch
WARC Presents Effectiveness in the Age of E-commerce
20mins how e-commerce has changed and how brands can use this to their advantage post-covid. Overview of causes, changes, and fixes. including cases.
1. look at the total brand experience to influence sales: closer to the supply chain. rise to ecomm is back to basics: bigger packages and no impulse buying. total experience of the brand: buying, shipping, unboxing process.
2. rethink performance media to get closer to the sales: merge e-comm spend with paid media. race to shoppable formats: messaging to sell. e-commerce platforms become media owners. rise of live streaming (shopping shows on e-commerce platforms)Virtual influencer on WeChat to create community: Daily perfect makeup brand: https://www.marketingtochina.com/perfect-diarys-successful-strategy-on-wechat/
3. resist the shift to short-terminism. look beyond attribution models. reserve budget for brand-building.
56% tried something new during covid19 and continues who owns the data, owns the relationship. For this reason, Nike pulled back from Amazon.
Tips and tricks from LI themselves. Improve your profile
KFC pocket store: how e-commerce on WeChat a successful commerce program started with 900% target of the sales target.
From brand-consumer to brand co-owner
Think before you shoot
Isn’t it time to take action against the ad industry’s dirty secret of racist casting calls?
Everyday across the world advertisers, agencies and production companies are complicit in actively voting to delete black people from casting before commercials are shot.
Big or small, every casting decision is an opportunity to include and diversify black people in the images of society that advertising distributes around the world.
It is time for people at every level of seniority involved in creating advertising to speak up, call-out and stop acts of racist decision making in the creative process.
Alex Bennett-Grant lays out simple steps everyone in the industry can take towards ensuring the advertising we make promotes a more inclusive society.
Beautiful visuals of flamingos by Jasper Doest, copyright.
Must read for marketeers
The COVID-19 recession is not just an economic recession – it’s also a humanitarian, social and political crisis – which means that the normal rules of marketing and business may not apply.
In this article, Les Binet (Head of Effectiveness, adam&eveDDB) explores:
- How businesses should focus on doing what is most helpful and in the public interest, rather than focusing on making money in the short term
- What brands could do to help “The War Effort”, how a brand behaves may have a bigger effect on brand perceptions than advertising
- Whether direct response advertising can also play an important functional role
- Opportunities for some big, emotional, morale-boosting advertising, without looking opportunistic and self-serving
Why brand should keep up their marketing spend in times of crisis. Data proven advice.
Impact on marketing post-Corona, 7 non-obvious. From content babies overload to nostalgia to the explosion of innovation.
Very good read on the impact on society by Yuval Noah Harari.