“Whether brands choose to in-house or to out-source, partially or completely depends on culture and their attitude to innovation. However, both approaches respond to the power that consumers must curate their own media, editorial and commercial communication – and filter out anything that doesn’t satisfy their desire for great content. Quality will out.”
“How the streaming giant presents itself as a TV and movie super fan and uses meme-able, self-aware social media content to keep us watching more.”
“two significant goals for 2019. The first is to engage more on Reddit, where its presence is scarcest. The second is to bring more of its meme-happy approach into the real world, to merge the social energy with unique, in-the-flesh experiences that can then be turned into more social content.”
– It’s important that we design ideas for mobile-first thinking
– That means not just taking our TVC and making it shorter/square/add subtitles – that isn’t mobile first, that is simply trying to “optimize”. (Or as I like to think about, trying to find another place to wear that damn bridesmaid dress you had to buy for your friend’s wedding ;))
– We want to create specifically for a mobile phone not only because you want your ad to fit the medium, but also because we see better results in our research – better brand recall & longer time watching (as examples).
– This deck breaks down some key things you want to think about when doing vertical – with the optimal way doing an integrated production where you get all your shots for all mediums on one shoot.
– In a perfect world, you’d then do an “agile campaign” where you run the mobile content first, get data, and then run the more expensive (TV) media using the results/insights you found out from running on Facebook/IG.
– When shooting mobile content, there are three ways to think about (see deck).
– In sum, your idea should be not an adjusted TV ad, it should be an idea designed for a mobile phone to be truly effective.
“Your current or future customer is not interested in your product, they are interested in solving a problem or challenge, usually both organizational and personal.
By educating customers, they will make informed decisions and look to you as the subject matter expert.
you build your brand awareness by personalizing your brand, you establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry, and you increase traffic to your website with each post by using SEO friendly keywords.”
“If Don’s return to racing was a tribute to determination and perserverance, On’s sponsorship of the three-time Olympian is a lesson in loyalty. Don’s contract with the eight-year-old shoe company was due to expire after the Hawaii Ironman. Instead of walking away, On decided to re-sign him for another three years.
“Our brand has been founded around athletes and optimism and the true athlete spirit,” said David Allemann, one of the company’s three founders. “When (the crash) happened, our team was there with him and was experiencing it first hand. That was kind of a fight or flight moment and we felt that it would be completely contrary to what our spirit was in terms of athleticism and optimism if we walked away. So we decided to fight together with Tim.”
And Don, who has been involved in the sport since his teenage high school years, fought hard. As he worked himself back into shape, Hinton and On were there to capture it all.”
“First, companies don’t focus on a content area where they can be the leading provider of that information to a particular audience. To cut through all the clutter and build a loyal audience, they need to deliver amazing information.
The second mistake is consistency, he adds. “Generally, it takes 12-18 months for a content-marketing strategy to start delivering revenue of some kind,” Pulizzi says. “Sadly, most brands do not deliver consistently over that period. If we have a weekly newsletter, we should be delivering at the same day and time each week and never miss. Content is a promise to our customers. If we don’t deliver, they simply will forget about us and seek out other information.”