Stop focusing on major markets
Rethink festival sponsorships
Hack a brilliant hashtag
We constantly see brands trying to scale a boring hashtag, almost like they have no idea what hashtagging even means. Hashtags are used to notate trends, movements and sentiments, and if your brand hasn’t harnessed one or all of these things, then you should get out of the hashtag game.
Get the digital brand value of a New York party without spending millions:In El Paso, one project cost us $80,000 to build and $50,000 to maintain to date. This would literally be unsustainable in a major market due to the extreme costs of rent, creative talent and labor. However, the project has received more than 21 million social media impressions and $500,000 in media value.
Work with, but don’t pay for, Instagram influencers
Pay for play is not only lame but very transparent to those consuming content. Influential instagrammers are influential because they are able to develop and scale content. If you provide a situation where the ability to develop content is matched by a mutual benefit, then social influencers will see the value and respond.
5 Mistakes Companies Are Making in Digital
Important trends in food for 2018
- the story behind the food production
Food Content Marketing 2018: Top Brands Cooking Up Effective Strategies
Great stats on content marketing: why you need it, why it works
Content Marketing Statistics 2018 for Building a Business Case
How can we use empathy as a business advantage?
“Use empathy to power action. To go make things. Things that serve people’s needs. Things that brighten people’s days. Things that add value. Things that make people love your brand, because your brand is thinking about them.”
Yes, sure, embrace your big data; you need it in order to compete. But also hug your customers; you need them in order to win.
The One Marketing Buzzword You Should Actually Care About
Wallmart on their content, webinar by Contently. wallmart.com tips & ideas
– serving inspiring customers to do something and show them how to do it
– serving the business
– focus on how to use the products, not on the products itself
– sound like a helpful person, not the worlds largest retailer
– not speaking about wall marts low prices, talking about what customers need, not about wall mart
Customers who engaged with editorial content had an average order size 7% larger than customers who went straight to shopping. Over time, they were able to use that data to generate internal support, collaborate with other departments, and drive even bigger results.
Mission Walmart: “”The secret of successful retailing is to give your customers what they want. And really, if you think about it from your point of view as a customer, you want everything: a wide assortment of good-quality merchandise; the lowest possible prices; guaranteed satisfaction with what you buy; friendly, knowledgeable service; convenient hours; free parking; a pleasant shopping experience.” – Sam Walton (1918-1992)
The blog URL is walmart.com/ideas
with thanks to Contently
Webinar: How to Prove the Value of Content Marketing
- In the past year, 40 percent of YouTube users turned to the platform to learn more about a product before they bought it. – Google
- 52 percent of consumers are likely to switch brands if a company doesn’t make an effort to personalize communications to them. – Salesforce
- Within six months after an omnichannel shopping experience, customers logged 23 percent more repeat shopping trips to the retailer’s stores and were more likely to recommend the brand to family and friends more so than those who used a single channel. – Harvard Business Review
- In 2021, 53.9 percent of all retail e-commerce is expected to be generated via m-commerce (i.e., on mobile devices). – Statista
And when interacting with brands in between purchases, they’re looking to be inspired, entertained, and informed.
Fashion Content Marketing 2018: Top Trends + Leading Brands